Annual School Picnic
This year's picnic will be held Wednesday, June 9 at Hamlin Beach Park, weather permitting. Should the weather be too inclement, we will have the picnic at CCA. Late comers: If you have a habit of being tardy, you may have to find your own way to Hamlin. Don't be late; 9:15 we roll!
Rules to Keep Us Safe
- All students may enjoy a dress-down day, and mid-thigh shorts of modest fit are allowed.
- Shirts should also be modest and covering, no cleavage nor stomachs showing, please!
- Clothing should not include text or graphics that are unedifying.
- Boys, pants belong on, not hanging low. If you need a belt, we can provide that.
- No swimming will be allowed, thus no swimsuits are to be worn. (No water guns or other such equipment should be brought to the picnic.) Sand toys and some sports equipment will be coming with us.
What to Bring
The school will supply paper products. If your dish to pass requires a serving utensil, please supply one.
An online sign-up sheet is available to choose your dish to pass and to sign up to serve as a driver and/or chaperone. When picking food items, please keep in mind variety first, then duplicates.
Drivers and Chaperones
Student drivers are NOT permitted to drive to the beach. You will ride with the rest of the students.
Drivers, please come to the benches in the main hallway by 9:00 a.m.. We will caravan to the beach starting at 9:15 a.m., when the students all arrive. We will all caravan back to the school before dismissal.
Chaperones, if you sign up for this job, we need your focus to be on the children for safety's sake. Have fun, but your eyes and ears need to be alert for needs that could come up.
The picnic is designed for the students of CCA. If, however, you are volunteering to be a driver or chaperone, other siblings may also come. Please let us know if this is the case, so we may be prepared with extra food.